Summer Singing Day (Classical choral)
Time & Location
About the Event
This "Summer Singing Day" is aimed at people who already sing in a choir, who want to have a day of singing just for fun, under the leadership of acclaimed musical director and arranger Timothy Allen. You'll be joining singers from Timothy's own choir, BeVox.
- 9:40am - Registration opens
- 10:00am - Introduction and warm-ups
- 10:15am - Song 1: A Clare benediction, by John Rutter
- 11:00am - Break
- 11:15am - Song 2: Dies irae, from Mozart's Requiem (this will be sung a minor 3rd lower than the original key)
- 12:45pm - Lunch
- 1:45pm - Song 3: Locus iste, by Anton Bruckner
- 3:00pm - Break
- 3:15pm - Song 4: The seal lullaby, by Eric Whitacre (arranged by Timothy Allen)
- 5:00pm - End
After you have signed up, you'll get access to the rehearsal materials (sheet music and rehearsal tracks). You will need to use these to learn the music in advance. On the day, there will be an expectation that people have a reasonable idea of their part when they arrive - we'll start off with a quick sing through, and then work on sections of each song to bring out the best in them.
The fee for the Singing Day is £30. This must be paid in advance, either by card (via this website), or by sending a cheque by the end of July. Anyone booking a place but not making payment by the end of July is likely to lose their place.
Please note that lunch is not provided. There are facilities for making tea and coffee, and a selection of shops nearby.
- Soprano 1£30£300£0
- Soprano 2£30£300£0
- Alto 1£30£300£0
- Alto 2£30£300£0